My Plants Map – Your personal plant library
Plantsmap.com is a community website that hosts botanical collections for individuals and organizations.
The My Plants Map tools solve the challenges of documenting, organizing, mapping, tagging and sharing information about plants.
Start a free basic tier profile to begin your My Plants Map digital plant library with up to 24 plants and 4 collections. Premium tiers with unlimited plant library hosting and enhanced services can be found on our pricing page.
My Plants Map will quickly become your favorite tool to digitally organize all of your plant information in one place at your fingertips.
- My Plants Map helps you organize your plants, with your photos, your growing information, and your notes all in one place.
- My Plants Map is a digital plant journal that is accessible from your computer, tablet or smartphone. No need for an app.
- My Plants Map allows you to easily map your plants and collections. The map of your plants can be public or private and seen by only you.
- My Tags is our innovative system to order custom interactive tags and signs for your landscape from your My Plants Map digital plant journal.
The easy to learn My Plants Map tools have wide appeal among a diversity of users from weekend gardeners to avid plant collectors, those that manage public landscapes, professionals, community groups, and more. [Watch our video on how to use My Plants Map]
My Plants Map Features
After you create a sign in (My Profile), the top navigation link to My Plants Map where you begin your digital plant library. If you are looking to start a profile for a public landscape, club, business or other group learn how to add an organization profile with our getting started tips.
My Plants: Build a custom, digital plant journal by adding plants.
- Select from core plants: Use the Plant Finder to find Core Plants to more quickly begin your plant library. Adopting core plants is a subscription tier feature.
- Add your plants: Your plant story begins with a title, the only required field. The title can be a common name, botanical name, or a descriptive phrase like ‘my favorite flower.’ Learn more about adding plants.
Your plant story begins: The intent of Plants Map is to allow everyone to document in their own words their experiences and information about the plants they add to their profile. Plant stories should be authentic, unique, and originally created by the user.
- A picture is worth a thousand words: Save a photo gallery to each of your plant profiles under the Photo Tab.
- It’s all in the details: The tabs for Plant Details and Growing Details contain fields to save the botanical name, common name, reference links, average size, preferred growing conditions, native range and more.
- Note to self: Use the Notes tab to create private or public notes for each plant. Notes can be your watering or fertilizing scheduling, pruning reminders, pest or disease records, pollinator visitors, even recipes for your edibles.
- Question & answer time: Use the Comment tab to help you gather information from others about your plant. The Comment tab allows a discussion from other Plants Map profiles such as a message, a comment, a question or an answer. You have the ability to approve or delete any comments.
- Customized Plant Tabs: Choose from our Custom Plant Tab library to ad tabs with customized plant details. Custom plant tabs are a subscription tier feature.
My Collections: Create collections to organize plants into groups such as shade plants, roses, or by landscape location. The possibilities are endless. Here are a few examples:
- Flowering Trees
- Plan a Vegetable Garden
- Grassy Stuff by Annkat
- Create a Plant Wish List
- Pollinator Plants by Bill Blevins
- Create a Plant Solution List
- Tree Trail by Grelen Nursery
- Gardens Visited
List and Table Views: View all of your plants or plants within collections in a sortable photo grid, list view or table view.
Spreadsheet Export: Your plants and information are always yours. Anytime you want a spreadsheet export of your data just uses the export tool feature.
Map Plants and Collections: On Plants Map, there are 5 types of content that can include pin location information on our maps. All location information provided is optional. The mapping tool also always you to set a location as ‘private’ so that only you, the profile owner, sees it.
My Tags: Easily order your own custom, interactive signs and tags straight from your My Plants Map plant library.
- The lines of text can be customized on each plant tag and sign with no set-up fees when using the My Tags tool and choosing one of our standard template formats. Learn more: How to customize my plant pages, tags and signs.
Built to Share: Content on Plants Map was built with the intent to make the plant pages, collections, and profile pages accessible to visitors and to share with others via e-mail, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and more. No sign-in is required to see your plants, collections or profile.
My Plants Map Organization Features
If you are looking to start a profile for a public landscape, club, business or other group learn how to add an Organization Profile with our Sign Up Tips.
In addition to the My Plants, My Collections and My Tags tools, organization profiles also have these additional features:
- Switch between acting as your individual ‘My Profile’ or an organization profile with one sign in. Learn more: How to Add Plants to My Profile or an Organization Profile.
- Events: Create event pages that make a calendar of events on your profile. Event pages can be shared to other social networks, via your e-newsletters, and on your website.
- Network Connections: Profiles can connect with your organization profile to show a network of members, chapters, clients, team members, volunteers.
- Network Admins: Individual profiles can become admins to help with adding plants, collections, events, and placing tag orders.
Premium Features – Subscription Tiers
- Plus Tier: Enhanced features include unlimited plant and collection hosting, my plant finder search, access to core plants, discounts on tag and sign orders. Available to individual profiles and organization profiles. See our pricing page.
- Premium Tier: Advanced mapping, analytics, and networking features coming soon. Available to individual profiles and organization profiles. See our pricing page.
- Resource Tier: Exclusively available to organization profiles. Our Resource section is built to help visitors and community members find business, brands, plant vendors, and service providers. Access to additional paid features such as Buy It plants and product listings. Learn more about Resource profiles.