My Tags: How to order plant tags and signs
My Tags is a new feature within the My Plants Map tools that makes it easy to order custom, interactive signs and tags from your plant library on Plants Map. Begin your own My Plants Map digital plant library with up to 24 plants and 4 collections. Premium tiers with enhanced services can be found on our pricing page.
Here’s how the My Tags process works:
- Add your plants.
- Select plants from your My Plants Map library to begin your My Tags order page (see detailed steps below).
- From My Tags edit your order list (detailed steps below).
- At the bottom of the page choose Save to return later to edit your order more OR choose Save and Proceed to submit your My Tags list order to us.
- Click Checkout at the bottom of the last page and pay with a credit card.
- We receive an email of your My Tags order list.
- We will email a proof to review and edit if needed.
- Once you approve the proof, we will print and ship your order.
- Visit our Tags and Signs information page for details on products, pricing and templates.
- Watch how to order our interactive tags for a collection.
- See our help article with information on how to import plants via a spreadsheet.
Using the My Tags order page
3 Ways to add plants to My Tags:
- From any plant page, click the “Tag +” button at the top. You’ll see the shopping cart icon update to indicated you’ve added a tag to your cart. Here’s what the “Tag +” button looks like on a plant page:
- On the “My Plants Map” page, view your plants as a list. Plants that don’t yet have an interactive sign or tag will have “+Tag” in the tag column on the far right. Click on “+Tag” to add them to your cart. You can sort this column to bring all of the plants without tags to the top.
- On the My Tags page, click the “Add” button to bring up a sortable, searchable list of all of your plants. Check the boxes of the ones you want tags for, click, “Add” and they’ll appear in My Tags.
Customizing your order on the My Tags page
The bar across the top allows you to make changes to all of the plants within your My Tags order list.
- Verify quantity ordered for each plant.
- Choose a product: Tag or Sign
- Choose a template: Tag and Sign Templates
Next customize each line for your tags or signs from the following fields:
- Botanical name
- Common name
- Native Range
- Profile Name
- Text (enter your own custom text)
- None (make a blank line)
If you would like to make changes that only apply to one tag or sign, you can do this on an individual plant’s listing within My Tags.
We recommend editing individual plant tags after you’ve already set your overall preferences with the gray bar, though, because any changes you make with the gray bar will override your work on individual tags.
Submitting your order and proofing your tags
Once you are happy with your choices and text for each line, click, “Save & Proceed.”
On the next page, you can add stakes and tree hardware to your order and save your mailing and billing information.
We will receive a summary of what you want and a file with your plant information.
We will then make a PDF proof of your signs and tags and e-mail it to you for approval. We’ll also send the estimate for your order and do our best to calculate shipping for you.
We charge $15 for shipping and handling. We normally ship with USPS and FedEx. Our goal is for you to have your order within 10 days of approving your proofs.
Paying for your order
On the final page of the order form, the Checkout button will open a payment window from Stripe, our payment processor. Stripe accepts most major credit cards.
Our weekly process is to prepare orders that are approved on Monday mornings and then we print and ship Tuesdays through Friday.
As always, if you have questions, just shoot us a note. We’re here to help.
Keeping track of Plants Map plant tags and signs you have ordered
Once we have completed your plant tag order there are two ways that we mark the plants to help remind you that you have previously ordered a tag or sign for that plant: Keeping track of Plants Map tags and signs you have ordered.