How to use the Tree Tab to record plant details
Custom plant tabs can be added to a plant form if you have a premium tier subscription.
When you edit your plant pages you will see a custom tab drop-down menu with an option to add a custom tab to that particular plant.
The estimated value of a tree is associated with the cost of a tree based on variables such as the size, health, and location. Tree care companies may complete a survey to estimate the value of a tree’s replacement, care, or repair for insurance purposes, home appraisals, legal settlements, etc.
Total benefits of a tree are associated with the environmental impact of a tree such as stormwater managed and carbon sequestered among other factors. Tree benefit calculators use standardized formulas to assess a tree’s contribution based on location, size, and other factors.
For help in determining the values below please see these resources:
- Determine the Value of a Tree – Grounds-Mag.com
- Tree Appraisal (FNR -473-W May 2018) – Purdue University
- National Tree Benefit Calculator conceived and developed by
Casey Trees and Davey Tree Expert Co.
- MyTree Calculator by i-Tree
- i-Tree Planting Calculator for projects by i-Tree
- How to Measure a Tree (DBH) – The City of Portland Trees
- How to measure a Champion Tree – American Forests
- What Tree is That? – ArborDay Foundation
NOTES TAB: You can also use the NOTES tab on a plant page to keep private or public information logs on surveys, issues such as storm damage, pest problems, fertilizer or treatment applications, etc. You can also keep NOTES on a Collection.
COMMENTS TAB: You or visitors (with a sign-in) can leave comments, questions, and answers using the COMMENTS tab on a plant page. Encourage the use of this feature in your plant story by inviting visitors to leave a comment or question.
The Tree Tab Fields:
Common Name and Accession Code are connected with fields in the Plant Details Tab or can be entered here.