How to create a Collection
Sign Up to create your individual My Profile
Learn more in our Getting Started Tips. Begin your own My Plants Map digital plant library with up to 24 plants and 4 collections. Premium tiers with enhanced services can be found on our pricing page.
Visit plantsmap.com/explore/collections to see example of collections created by users within our Plants Map community.
Collections are a way to organize and create groupings of plants.
- To make a collection choose Add Collection from the Add New button or your Profile Menu.
- Add a title
- Add a cover photo
- Add a story about your collection
- Add Location Details (optional)
- You can mark this is private to be only seen by you on a map or public to be seen on the community map.
- Add more photos to create a photo gallery
ADDING PLANTS TO A COLLECTION
As you add plants you can organize them into the collections you have created. There are two ways to place plants into a collection.
- Viewing a saved Plant page choose the Add/Remove to Collection button (desktop) or icon (mobile). A window opens to search for the collections or subcollections to add or remove a plant. Note: You can add the same plant to more than one collection and subcollection.
- From the Collection page on the Plants tab choose the button Add/Remove Plants. A window opens to search for and select plants to add to this collection
You can create subcollections within a collection to further sort and organize your plants.
From the collection page click the subcollections tab and Create Subcollection button.
Collection Map: This shows all the plants within that collection that have location or map pins. It also shows any subcollections that have location or map pins. If plant, collection, or subcollections location map pins have been marked private then this map is only displayed to you or an organization’s owner and admins.